Rain Water Harvesting System - Orangutan Forest - Dublin Zoo
Installation date: June 2016
GENERAL PROJECT INFORMATION
- Installation of Rainwater Harvesting System in the Orangutan Forest at Dublin Zoo.
- The project was part of a sustainability drive at the zoo aimed at children called the Dublin Zoo Eco Explorer Trail
- CubicM3 provided Design Assistance, Installation and commissioning of the system.
- Swift installation - There was a very demanding project program due to the proximity to sensitive habitat for animals.
- Dublin Zoo harvests rainwater to help flush some of its public toilets.
- Rainwater from the roof is directed to the main filter(s) via the gutter. The main filter is designed to supply approximately 90% of the water from the roof into the main storage tank at the rated flow for the filter.