STORMTECH® - MC4500 CHAMBERS
Large Retail Development – Greenfield Site Swords
Installation date: January 2017
GENERAL PROJECT INFORMATION
- Installation of Stormwater Attenuation tank as part of a large retail unit in Swords.
- The drainage specification called for 350m3 of stormwater attenuation to be provided under road and car parking areas, in one tank of dimensions 14.2m x 12m.
- Stormtech MC4500 was selected by the contractor as the best product to meet the needs of the project, a large development containing extensive parking element on a greenfield site.
- StormTech’s unique design features meant it was able to satisfy these requirements and provide the assurances necessary under the engineers and contractors PI for the scheme
- Swift installation - There was a very demanding project program
- The underground tank was to be suitable for HGV traffic loading 24/7
- Key considerations for the engineer were to provide a system with a design life in excess of 50 years, which met the dead and live loading standards outlined in current best-practice codes
- The tank must be maintainable to ensure that the tank volume does not reduce over time as a result of silt build-up
- Materials used had to comply with the relevant SuDs standards.